Friday, July 10, 2009

Pink Slip: Marketing Campaigns

Ok, so you may think marketing is yawnsville...but I beg to differ! Maybe I'm a nerd, but give it a chance! There are some really great and inspirational things out there. Take for example, the "Dove: Real Beauty Campaign" which is arguably one of the most powerful marketing campaigns in recent years.

This campaign got universal attention by taking the notion of 'real beauty' and turning it on its head.

Dove ditched the traditional "aspirational" marketing messages that tell women and girls that if they buy a particular health or beauty product, they can look like a supermodel.

Instead of images of long locks, longer legs and incredibly lean bodies, uses the message of "real beauty" by encouraging women and girls to celebrate themselves as they are — while using the products, of course.

I remember when I first saw this a few years ago, I was really taken back. It was really about time someone stepped up with this!

Below are some TV spots...








Only wish I would have thought of it!

...posted by carly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment